Saturday, July 10, 2010

Polaris Coming!

In one week's time I will be back at Polaris, another great Toronto-based Science Fiction convention. Last year I had tremendous success promoting Evil? and selling books, to say nothing of the grand time I had meeting fans and doing discussion panels. I look forward to having another excellent time, and hopefully get the word out about The Cupid War.

This year I've managed to snag five panels. I tried to get on to some writing panels, but the only ones I did get all have to do with the British TV series Torchwood and Harry Potter. Not a bad thing - Torchwood is a great show, after all - but I did hope to talk to people about the writing process. Curiously, they still haven't responded to my request to be an author guest. Seems I still have a way to go before the organizers treat me seriously.

A shame, because I love their conventions. I plan to keep going for many years to come.

No comments: