Monday, March 14, 2011

Still Searching...

Still no breakthrough on the new project front. I have a few ideas, but I'm not ready to commit. Whatever I choose, however, will likely be a sequel.

I have lots of good ideas for a follow-up to Epoch. I even have a title: After. I also have some plans for an Evil? sequel (tentative title: More Evil), and I have two chapters written. The trouble is, I don't know if my publisher will want a second volume for either book. Nobody at the company has asked for one. I don't want to go to the trouble of writing either book only to have them turn it down. I've already been there and been burned with the sequel to Attack of the Intergalactic Soul Hunters.

I have a good idea for a sequel to The Cupid War, but that book isn't even out yet. I don't know if readers will respond to that one as well as they did to my previous books. I am, however, seriously considering a spin-off, with new characters in the same universe. This idea is currently at the top of my list.

I have a few non-sequel ideas, too. So far, though, none of them have emerged as a winner. There has to be some pull, some excitement about it that gets me to the page. I need a story I can't wait to tell, one I can feel slightly naughty about for writing it at work.

I hope I find that idea sooner rather than later. I get so bored without something to work on.

No comments: