Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ad Astra Done for Another Year

But I'm already paid up for 2012, so rest assured I'll be back!

As always, I had a terrific amount of fun. I made new friends, met many old ones, and talked to other professionals in the field. In reference to the latter, I received some good advice and came away from the convention feeling better about my writing career than I have in ages.

My panel personality still needs work. I'm not as good as others at breaking into conversations, and when I do I fear I'm coming off as a bit of a goof. This might be my anxiety talking, but I can't help but wonder what people are thinking of me. What I really want, then, is to be more relaxed when I'm on panel. And it wouldn't hurt to be better prepared. Something to keep in mind for Anime North and Polaris.

As usual, I promoted the living heck out of myself. I handed out fliers and sold many books: 3 copies of Section K, and 8 copies of Evil? and Epoch. My friend Mike Bryant, author of Shaolin Rock Star, shared the table with me and did a nice bit of business himself. Sadly he became quite ill and had to stay home on the Sunday, so please join me in wishing him better health.

I'm always a little sad at the end of these conventions. They are such an important part of my life, and I only have so much time to spend with everybody. There are more conventions coming, and I'm already preparing for them.

No comments: